The North Carolina Museum of Art kicks off its 2018 Summer Concert Series with First Aid Kit and Jade Bird on Friday, June 8, which is already sold out as are tickets for Mandolin Orange’s June 23 show.
“Summer concerts and movies have been an NCMA tradition for two decades, and we’re excited to launch another season of great music and entertainment,” the website states. “Our venue — the Joseph M. Bryan, Jr., Theater in the Museum Park — is situated in the heart of the Museum campus amid gardens, meadows, woodlands, and sculpture.”
However, tickets are available for Shovels and Rope and Son Volt on at 8 p.m. on Saturday, June 16.
The annual outdoor series also includes
- First Aid Kit, with Jade Bird (Sold Out) – Friday, June 8 | 8 PM
- Shovels and Rope, with Son Volt – Saturday, June 16 | 8 PM
- Mandolin Orange, with Charlie Parr (Sold Out) – Saturday, June 23 | 8 PM
- Lake Street Dive, with Madisen Ward and the Mama Bear – Thursday, July 12 | 8 PM
- An Evening with The Mavericks – Saturday, July 28 | 8 PM
- Father John Misty with special guest Jenny Lewis – Wednesday, August 1 | 8 PM
- A Special Evening with Kishi Bashi and Jake Shimabukuro – Friday, August 3 | 7:30 PM
- Paris Combo – Saturday, August 4 | 8 PM
- Trombone Shorty’s Voodoo Threauxdown Celebrating the Tricentennial of the City of New Orleans (Sold Out) – Saturday, August 18 | 6 PM
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention presents In the Heart of the Fire – Friday, September 7 | 7 PM
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention presents In the Heart of the Fire – Saturday, September 8 | 7 PM
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention presents In the Heart of the Fire – Sunday, September 9 | 7 PM